On 7/07/10, officers with the Eureka Police Department’s Problem Oriented Policing Unit (POP) served a methamphetamine sales related search warrant at a residence on the 1300 block of 6th Street, Eureka. During a subsequent search of the residence and an associated vehicle, a total of 31 firearms, $2,430.00 cash, and over 4 ounces of methamphetamine were seized. Resident Dean Ernest Anderson (56 of Eureka) was arrested for possession of methamphetamine for sale and possession of an assault weapon, among other charges. An associate, William Roy Fulton (48 of Kneeland), was also arrested for various felony weapons violations and for violation of his probation.
The cash was later seized by the Humboldt County Drug Task Force for asset forfeiture proceedings as it was believed to be proceeds from Anderson’s drug trafficking. A records check of the seized firearms has since confirmed two of the guns were stolen. This includes a Colt Python .357 magnum revolver, which was reported stolen in 2006 (a Humboldt County Sheriff’s Office case), and a Winchester Model 94 lever-action 30-30 rifle, which was stolen from a residence on Wood Street, Eureka in 2006.
Two Rolex watches, also suspected to be stolen, were recovered from Fulton’s vehicle. The other firearms seized include the following:
1) An unknown make and model 7.62 bolt action rifle with a black stock.
2) A Remington 870 pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
3) A JC Higgins .270 Winchester bolt action rifle.
4) A Remington 870 Express pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
5) A Remington 870 pump action 16 gauge shotgun.
6) A Remington 870 Wing Master (camo pattern) pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
7) A Remington 870 Express magnum pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
8) A Remington 870 Express Super Mag pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
9) An Ithaca M1911 A1 US Army .45 caliber semi-automatic pistol.
10) An Interarms/Rossi Model M511 .22 LR revolver, silver with wood grip.
11) A Browning Buck Mark semi-automatic .22 LR pistol.
12) A Liberty Arms Mustang .22 Magnum .22 caliber revolver.
13) A Ruger Single Six .22 caliber revolver (new model, Centennial with commemorative wood box and extra cylinder).
14) A Davis DM .22 caliber two-shot .22 caliber Derringer, silver with wood grip.
15) An American Spirit Arms Corp 5.56mm ASA15 (AR-15) assault rifle.
16) A Remington Model 11 semi-automatic 20 gauge shotgun.
17) A Remington Model 700 30-06 bolt action rifle.
18) A Remington 600 .222 caliber bolt action rifle.
19) A Winchester Model 12 Super Speed pump action 12 gauge shotgun.
20) A Harrington & Richardson Model 338 30-06 bolt action rifle.
21) A Savage Model 99A .250 caliber lever action rifle.
22) A Winchester Model 94 .32 caliber lever action rifle.
23) A Revelation (Western Auto Supply Co.) Model 150 .22 LR semi-automatic rifle.
24) A Marlin Model 60 .22 LR semi-automatic rifle.
25) An Amadeo-Rossi .22 caliber pump action rifle.
26) A Mississippi Valley Arms .410 gauge double barrel (side-by-side) shotgun.
27) A Western Field Model 550E .410 gauge pump action shotgun.
28) A Remington Model 878 Auto Master semi-automatic 12 gauge shotgun.
29) A Hopkins & Allen Arms “Forehand” 12 gauge double barrel (break action, side-by-side) shotgun.
Additional charges are expected to be filed against Anderson for receiving/possessing stolen property (firearms).
Anyone believing one of their stolen firearms may be included in this list may contact the Eureka Police Department at 707-441-4060 for confirmation. You will need to be able to furnish proof of ownership (such as police reports, serial numbers, sales receipts, owner applied numbers or unique identifying marks etc.) in order to potentially reclaim your property, as well as establish your eligibility to own or possess a firearm. Please do not call/contact EPD unless able to meet these criteria.
Dean Ernest Anderson